Sunday, January 20, 2013

Time Out Foods

I'm highly skeptical of "Best Of" lists.  Lovely as they may be, suburbanites tend to be a little over-represented ("Subway has just the best sandwiches!  And those pizzas!  Somebody start the van, quick!").  For this reason, I tend to go by word of mouth when finding new restaurants.  Sometimes - as is the case with Time Out Foods - that mouth just happens to belong to a restaurant critic as part of a "Best Of" list.  This is starting to get confusing, so let's just move on to the food, shall we?

The Omaha World-Herald called Time Out Foods the best place for fried chicken in Omaha.  I'm no fried chicken expert (I tend to get chicken fingers when I find myself at a Popeye's.  I really have no business running a food blog...), but I'm inclined to agree.  When I opened up my box, it was like the Ark of the Covenant scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark".  Only instead of my face melting, it was like my mouth had melted...because of the drool...Is that making sense?  I feel like I'm not expressing myself well tonight.


Is your face and/or mouth still intact?  I hope so, because you'll need your strength for what is coming next...

  

Boom.  Now that is some delicious chicken.  What makes it so delicious, you ask?  Other than its perfectly crispy skin, Time Out's chicken has a delicious undercurrent of spice.  Not something as boring as cayenne, mind you.  The chicken isn't spicy, per se, it's just seasoned with various spices.  I didn't ask what spices, because that seems pretty rude and I'm frankly a little disappointed that the thought even crossed your mind.  Let's just move on to dessert and forget that this whole thing happened.





Mmmmm, sweet potato pie.  

Make the trek to North Omaha and get your hands on some of Time Out's chicken.  I respect The Colonel and his service to our county as part of Kentucky's Fast Food Army, but he needs to keep his greasy hands off of Omaha's "Best Of" lists.

Time Out Foods, for your efforts, I award you a dancing chicken.



Congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment